AAC Shoot 27th Oct

List your club and scheduled shoots.

AAC Shoot 27th Oct

Postby Lilliput » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 pm

Come to Wetton for our HFT shoot on Saturday morning at 0900 for sight in (shoot starts at 10)
call Trevor for more info 0828255696
Lilliput

Re: AAC Shoot 27th Oct

Postby Kat » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 pm

See you guys there

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kat

Postby Ilse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I am not sure how to load photo's here, I can only manage 3 at a time, so the link will take you to the pics.....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 321&type=1
elcapriscoairrifleclub@gmail.com
facebook.com/ElcapriscoAirRifleClub
www.laminatedflooringsolutions.co.za
ilse@laminatedflooringsolutions.co.za
Ilse

Postby Lilliput » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:43 pm

So who won and how did the two brave peep sighters get on?

Danie won with his immaculate S400 but the star of the match must be Darryl only two points behind with his deadly spring piston Weihrauch 50.
Anyway well done to both! good scores on a moderately difficult course.

We welcomed some new friends to the fraternity and most welcome they are too!
The Williams family: Yusuf . Zulaikha and Yaghya all shot within a point or two and pretty good they were considering this is only their 2nd shoot. The Young shooting gang has also grown, as young David joins in with this weeks Pepsi winning Dad Gavin and big brother Johnathan (who has to cough up for the cool drink, but vows to overcome a bad shooting streak next time).
Our youngest member Daniel Lamprecht continues to struggle with a dieseling HW57 and could not finish the course, don't worry Daniel, Dad will get it sorted out really soon.

Honourable mention also needs to be made for the "brave" peep sighters. If it was a horse jumping show both Gary and myself would get a rosette for first in class: PCP and Recoiling shot over peep sights. However there was only one in each class, so we won't be taking any bragging rights just yet- maybe next time the field will be bigger.
Gary certainly deserved his rosette though, as he shot a 41 (or 77%) compared to overall winner Danies 53 on the same targets. I managed only 37 (or 72%) compared to Darryls 51 with the HW77 but I will be practising to improve - but doubt I will ever catch up with Kraaifonteins springer prince. Gary and I also shot ten extra targets which were meant to be a kind of handicap assistance, so his final score was 58 and mine 49 (out of 80).

Thanks again to Jason, Kurt, Darryl, Ernie,Danie, Darrell and others for helping me set up and everyone for helping to clear up afterwards. Everything was neat and tidy and I had locked up by 12.15. A special thanks to Ilse for handling the administration for the shoot, with Ilse= smooth sailing (without , would have been chaotic!) Thanks Ilse!

Thanks again to everyone who came along to make this a very enjoyable shoot!

Scores:
PCP
Danie Maartens 53
Joe Meintjes 49
Ernie Meyer 45
Zulaikha Williams 45
Yusuf Williams 44
TC Kieck 43
Yaghya Williams 42
Gary Hodgkinson 41 open sights
Gerhard Botha 41
Gavin Young 41